Hannah Yuanli Burkhardt

Hannah Yuanli Burkhardt
We, too, wait with eager hope for the day when God will give us our full rights as his adopted children Romans 8:23

April 1, 2009

Day 4-5 Olympic Stadium






















Hello Everyone,

Day 4- Hannah is doing much better. She is having a great time with the kids and clings to MaMa. She is not real sure of BaBa(me) right now. On day 4 we finalized some paperork and then went to Silk Palace and did some shopping. It's the type of market were you get mobbed and bargain with every purchase. Having five kids in such a tight, loud, aggressive atmoshpher was, let's say, interesting at best or just pure chaos. We then had a dinner out then went back to the room and threw in a movie and relaxed. I fell asleep around 5 p.m. for the night and everyone else not much later. The time change was still affecting us obviously. We wanted to take the kids to the pool but the atmoshphere is more for adults that want a very thorough message. Not the family atmosphere we were expecting.
Day 5- What a fun day. We Had a great breakfast and then met Grace (our guide) in the lobby at 9:30. We did some more paperwork at civil affairs and then the fun began. We had a huge lunch at the Golden Palace and then made our way to the Olympic Stadium "The Bird's Nest". What a great experience for the kids to see the stadium inside and talk about what they remembered of the opening ceremony. We did some souvenier shopping and enjoyed and ice cream on the way out. Going to see the stadium made for a long day but well worth it. Here are some pictures. Enjoy, we did!!!

4 comments:

  1. How amazing to get to be in the Bird's Nest! I can't wait to show Joseph the pics when he gets home from school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    Glad to hear that Hannah is starting to adjust.
    I share with mom and dad all of the postings. I'm sure that they will go to Rick's again soon to see for themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! Hannah is so cute. I'm glad that she is adjusting to all of you. The pictures are amazing. I can't wait to tell everyone in class that Daniel went to the Bird's Nest! I wish that I could log on at school to show all of them. Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This brings back so many memories.
    you now have your twins! She is so cute.

    ReplyDelete