Hannah Yuanli Burkhardt

Hannah Yuanli Burkhardt
We, too, wait with eager hope for the day when God will give us our full rights as his adopted children Romans 8:23

April 3, 2009

Day 7 Zoo and Lama Temple















Today we went to the Zoo and Lama Temple. The days are fairly routine now, we eat breakfast, go to do a few things during the day and get back to the hotel around 4:00 ish with yesterday being the exception. The larger animals at the zoo were not moving much but it was a great day to just be out. The highlight for everyone was taken a speed boat ride on a channel or mote where the driver would swerve back and forth for about 5 minutes. We they had this at a zoo, who knows, but what a blast. We then had lunch at Pizza Hut and then walked about 15 minutes to the Lama Temple. You could not take pictures inside each of these individual temples but the different statues of Buddha or his disciples were huge. There were many people bowing and burning incense to their god. The temples are quite large and each having a huge statue in it but just seeing them was interesting. It is so different from anything I have ever seen and there nothing like experiencing the sights, sounds, and smells for myself. The kids had some interesting insights and questions about what they were seeing.

We had a lot of fun but we were a bit tired from yesterday. Enjoy the pictures and video.




3 comments:

  1. Oh Thomas,
    you are on a Panda!
    Thank you for the picture.
    I think the Panda ate all the
    bamboo.
    Cam K

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to get you a stuffed animal panda. I hope..you will like it. I miss you. I am having a fun time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cam K. The last post is from me, Thomas.

    ReplyDelete