Hannah Yuanli Burkhardt

Hannah Yuanli Burkhardt
We, too, wait with eager hope for the day when God will give us our full rights as his adopted children Romans 8:23

March 30, 2009

Finalized Adoption




Today we finalized the adoption at the Civil Affairs office in Beijing!!! We were asked the following questions: 1. Why did we want to adopt 2. Were we healthy 3. Do we promise to never abandon Hannah 4. Will we raise her up in a loving home 5. Will we provide a good education. My thoughts on each question: 1. That's a long story 2. I am on a no flour no sugar diet 3. We've threatened the other kids 4. Absolutely 5. If I can afford it. ( of course this is Jeff thinking). But all joking aside everything went smoothly. We then made our way to Walmart and again realized how many people China has. Our guide says on a typical weekend you can wait in the check out for more than a half hour. We then went back to the hotel and caught up, again, on our sleep. David woke up at 1 a.m and Abigail and Hannah woke up at 4 a.m. Oh what a good time that is. I gave the girls a bath at 4 a.m. and they had a lot of fun splashing each other.
Now, with regards to Hannah, she was very sad today :( She cried for over an hour just sobbing. She has really clung to Mary Ann for comfort during this time. She was probably thinking, I had a lot of fun for the day but now let's go back to the orphanage to the people I know. We know God will get her through this but it breaks your heart to see the tears. She fell asleep crying and is still sleeping. Also, with regards to Hannah's eyes, her near sightedness is bad enough where she needs to holds items close to her face to see them. Her far sightedness is good as far as we can tell. You can definitely see that her eyes draw in to the corners when the other eye is straight and her eyes are a cloudy coloring. Our prayers is that God's power is made strong in our weakness. "My grace is all you need, my power works best in weakness" 2 corinthians 12:9. Praise God!!
I am writing this Tuesday at 2:40 a.m ( monday afternoon your time) because now I can't sleep and I wanted to catch everyone up. Thanks for all your comments, they are fun to read.
Thank you again for all your prayers. May God, our Lord and Savior be glorified.
With love you all! Jeff, Mary Ann, David, Daniel, Thomas, Abigail, Hannah




2 comments:

  1. Jeff we are so excited for your family. I wish we were there with you guys...we'd send you out for a couple McDonald's burgers :)
    So sad to hear of her tears..it must be much different adopting an older child. We will pray for her as she adjust to her new family. What an awesome testament to God's goodness in your families lives!!!! So happy for you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Jeff. What a great story. I just looked at all of the pictures on your FB page, too, and just love seeing all of the smiles. We continue to keep you in our prayers, and look forward to more stories and pictures. Love, Sue, the Joes, and Carolyn

    ReplyDelete